Cooked desserts don’t always require a full kitchen. Ditch the oven and stovetop in favor of the grill and enjoy these seasonal stonefruit jars.
Peaches, apricots, nectarines, and cherries are bathed in brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and wrapped snug in tin foil. After they bubble up over the fire, they’re scooped into jars and topped with cool vanilla ice cream, maple syrup, and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds.
Stop salivating and get grilling.
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Anderson, executive chef of Albertsons and Safeway stores.
- 3 fresh apricots, pitted and cut into sixths
- 1 fresh peach, pitted and cut into large dice
- 1 fresh nectarine, pitted and cut into large dice 1
- 2 fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (such as Signature Reserve Madagascar Vanilla Bean, available at Albertsons)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- 4 mason jars or other serving containers (8–12 oz size)
How to make it
Double stack two 12-by 12-inch sheets of aluminum foil. Combine fruit, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar, wrap in foil, and grill 5–6 minutes or until filling is hot. Remove from grill and divide the cooked fruit into jars, top with ice cream, maple syrup, and sunflower seeds. Serve.